Upayavira wrote:

Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Maybe this is a crazy idea but: Is posible to replace jisp with Apache
Xindice? Mainly because I have concerns for another ugly move (as jisp
did) if we choose a solution from a 3rd party again. If we use Apache
Xindice I think this cannot happen again.

Could do. How efficient is XIndice? It would need to be pretty efficient on binary data too, as that is our primary use case.

Xindice has a Filer abstraction, and there is BTreeFiler implementation. It stores binary objects under an arbitrary binary key, and keys are organized into the BTree for fast store/retrieval. See test for filer here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xindice/java/tests/src/org/apache/xindice/core/filer/FilerTestBase.java?view=auto

Filer uses several RandomAccessFile descriptors to provide concurrent reads / writes to the file.

Vadim