Michael Wechner wrote:

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

I think these issues have to be address before the next release,
together with a minimum docs and a sample.

agreed

I expect another release of Cocoon in two or three weeks!

Without the above changes, this block doesn't really fit into Cocoon.
In fact nothing Cocoon specific is used, so have you considered
to "move" the block to a more common place, e.h. jakarta-commons
or something like that?

why don't we move it into the Lenya module and work there on the list which was suggested by Carsten?

Cocoon committers also have access to the Lenya module and it seems to me that Cocoon committers
know by now that this block exists ;-)

As soon as we have addressed the issues we can try moving it back into the Cocoon module.

I think it should be in the Lenya module, ideally set up to function as a block, and stay there until there is good reason to move it elsewhere.

If the code is built well, and works well as a block, then I don't see that it matters too much to a user of the functionality where it is. However, from a community perspective, the block's most active maintainers are here on Lenya, and as you can see, to keep it in Cocoon would require you guys to come over to Cocoon-dev and play a more active part in the development process there. Now that might happen, but it's not really there yet.

So, keep it in Lenya.

Hopefully, as time progresses, Lenya will get a Cocoon style block system, that just extends Cocoon's build system. And with that, you can have more and more of your stuff as reusable blocks held within Lenya.

I would say, to really get that going, you need to find a way to get a build process that is more aligned with the Cocoon one.

Regards, Upayavira