On 05.03.2004 19:49, Tim Larson wrote:

Package: org.apache.cocoon.cforms

here I would go "forms" instead. package naming is where the estate really is, where class collissions might happen.

I understand how this seems like a good place for the battleground,
but to introduce a new winner it looks like this would force us to
break code compiled against the previous major version because we
would be stealing the class and interface names for the new version.
Does the new block system somehow solve this problem like via
classloaders or something else?

This was exactly the reason I liked the cforms in the package name more than just forms. BTW, why plural (c)forms instead of singular (c)form?

Joerg