On Oct 25, 2010, at 9:01 AM, James Carman wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Ralph Goers
> <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> I'm not in favor of changing much at this point. I'd really like to get a
>> release done without too many more changes.
>>

> There's a problem with that, Ralph.  If we publish a 2.0, we can't
> "break" the API later.  So, we'd have to go to 3.0 if we wanted to
> break anything.  So, we need to figure out if this is the way we want
> to go and do it.

This code has been sitting here for a year. Commons Configuration would like to
do a release but cannot until VFS is released. I'd like to work on the VFS
release during the hackathon next week. If you believe you can change how VFS
does exception handling and then make the necessary changes (if any) to Commons
Configuration so that we can work on a release next week then go for it.

Will you be at ApacheCon?

Ralph