On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> This code has been sitting here for a year. Commons Configuration would like
> to do a release but cannot until VFS is released. I'd like to work on the VFS
> release during the hackathon next week. If you believe you can change how VFS
> does exception handling and then make the necessary changes (if any) to
> Commons Configuration so that we can work on a release next week then go for
> it.

I didn't come up with the softening exceptions idea until just today
when I was coding using VFS.  Our project at work uses VFS
extensively.  I don't mind helping, but I don't think we have a
consensus about what we are going to do.  We should probably figure
out what the plan of attack is before we start hacking around.  I
really think the exceptions should be softened, because it makes
working with VFS a real pain, IMHO.  The only place where you'll see a
problem in Configuration is where you used to use IOException as a
catch-all to catch VFS exceptions too.  Otherwise, you can still do
try/catch with FileSystemException and those will work.  You just
don't have to do the try/catch.

> Will you be at ApacheCon?

Unfortunately, I will not.  We have a newborn at home, so I don't
think I should try leaving the wife at home alone right now. :)