Am 18.02.2012 um 19:06 schrieb Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>:

> On Feb 18, 2012, at 8:54 AM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>
>> Le 18/02/2012 17:27, Gary Gregory a écrit :

>>> We can pick a format that IDEs can perform automatically.
>>
>> The style we use for [math] has an eclipse configuration counterpart at
>> <http://people.apache.org/~luc/Apache-commons.xml> which does almost
>> everything automatically. There is only one gltich I was not able to
>> fix: the indent size of the "throws" statement in method signatures
>> which cannot be set to any value on which checkstyle and eclipse could
>> agree. So when we do automatic formatting with eclipse, these lines are
>> flagged by checkstyle as having wrong indentation. I did not check since
>> one or two years, though, so there may be a setting for this now.

I'm +1 as well. A common style would make development easier. I think
configuration files should be downloadable from commons website. Maybe that
will spare some "good patch but there are some style issues..." replies to new
contributors. ;-)

> I use IntelliJ so obviously I'd want a style that it can handle.  FWIW,
> Jetbrains provides a free license for the full product for open source
> development or you can use the community edition.

So are you suggesting that everybody should use IntelliJ? I use eclipse and I'm
happy with that (Most of the time ;-)