Le 18/02/2012 17:27, Gary Gregory a écrit :
> On Feb 18, 2012, at 11:00, Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de> wrote:

>>> That was kind of the point for using a single checkstyle config. Why should
>>> the various projects use different rules?
>>
>> For instance, [configuration] has a different coding style than [lang].
>> Personally, I do not prefer one format over the other. I am +1 for a
>> commons wide checkstyle policy. However, doing the reformatting is
>> probably a pain.
>
> We can pick a format that IDEs can perform automatically.

The style we use for [math] has an eclipse configuration counterpart at
<http://people.apache.org/~luc/Apache-commons.xml> which does almost
everything automatically. There is only one gltich I was not able to
fix: the indent size of the "throws" statement in method signatures
which cannot be set to any value on which checkstyle and eclipse could
agree. So when we do automatic formatting with eclipse, these lines are
flagged by checkstyle as having wrong indentation. I did not check since
one or two years, though, so there may be a setting for this now.

Luc