Am 18.02.2012 15:25, schrieb Ralph Goers:

On Feb 18, 2012, at 3:20 AM, Luc Maisonobe<luc.maison...@free.fr>  wrote:

Le 17/02/2012 23:30, Ralph Goers a écrit :

On Feb 17, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:

That seems like way too much effort for very little benefit.  In fact,
when I created the checkstyle configuration I started from the one used by
Commons Configuration and then tweaked it to shut up a bunch of the
"errors" I didn't care about and that seemed to have been the convention of
the existing code base.  I'd prefer that all of commons use the same
checkstyle configuration.

+1, that would be great, we could put it in the parent POM and be done with
it once and for all.

Are we sure all components use the same style ?
The checkstyle.xml file for [math] origin has evolved its own way,
partly when the mantissa library has been merged. I am pretty sure it is
not compatible with other ones.

That was kind of the point for using a single checkstyle config. Why should the
various projects use different rules?

For instance, [configuration] has a different coding style than [lang]. Personally, I do not prefer one format over the other. I am +1 for a commons wide checkstyle policy. However, doing the reformatting is probably a pain.

+1 to a common(s) set of reports, too.

Oliver

Ralph