On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Marcel Offermans wrote:
On Jun 25, 2013, at 14:42 PM, Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

3) Someone to estimate what it'll cost to ship these out to various people
in various countries. Should someone just take a sufficient number to
events, or should we ship to each individual? Get prices.

It might be worth finding various local places to print them instead of centrally trying to print and distribute them.

I agree, shipping costs can be quite large, and you also risk hitting customs / import duties if you try to move too many pre-printed ones around.

My suggestion would be to get the design done in a small number of colours, as this reduces printing costs, and increases the number of places that can handle it. Then, for common areas (perhaps US, Europe, Australia, Sri Lanka?) we have a large order put in (with a decent discount!), and nominate a volunteer to send them out within that region as required.

For people not in one of those places / who needs an unusual size / shape etc, we have photos showing the suggested layout of the shirt, and the vector graphics that were used to print the main batch. Someone can then find a local printer to the them, hand over the graphics and show a photo of how it should look, then pop back a little later to collect.

As for getting the design done, most of us seem to lack the skills, but we do have a few members about with a good eye for design / with such a person nearby. Take a look at the people who designed tshirts for past barcamps, and ask them nicely if they can help again :)

Nick