I like the ideas proposed here. I think all in all, we have to change the
format of ApacheCon for it to be worth the efforts and financial burden. I also
think we have to be more appealing to non-committers (unless we turn AC into a
project Summit umbrella).

I’ve been a proponent of topic tracks, rather than project tracks. I’ve seen
first hand an all day track have speakers talking to a handful of project
members, all whom already knew the topics.

I’d also like to see fewer tracks, such that the rooms are filled. I’ve been to
GopherCon a few times, with only one main track, and it was great. Not saying
we have to be that narrow, but 2-3 tracks tops IMO, ideally with cross project
topics (“how I made X fast with HTTPD, PageSpeed and Cassandra”).

Cheers,

— Leif