Hi -

One observation is that those who seem trollish may also have something else
going on somewhere else in the overall Apache Community and it might be those
annoyances for which they may or may not ever have resolution that may be
“coloring” their interaction. If you are aware of it then you don’t even write
the email that you then delete before sending. (There’s a thread on general@
that shows a current example. There was an email early in this thread that is
an ancient example.)

Slowing one's own roll and not answering every email is a lesson I learned from
prior passionate debates within projects. It’s part of the ethos of a global
community to let the world spin and not have too many messages appearing in the
morning for others on the list.

I’ll support whatever is agreed to on replacing the phrase “meritocracy” and
will help to see that Incubator content is updated appropriately.

Regards,
Dave