Hi Maxim,

Yup! I agree. I am stepping back to let others drive this directly.
It needs to be specific materials, and I don't have the time to drive
this discussion right now. If others don't, then this can die
here.

> And if some ASF project will participate as part of ASF it can be NOT
> selected
> So we can wisely choose our best GSoD ideas

No, this is not what we heard back from Google. Here's the quote:

> “I believe the ASF has already applied. However, we are not setup to handle
> multiple applications through an umbrella organization, so yes, you may want
> to have Apache Cassandra apply separately.”

So the ASF and ASF projects can both apply, and be considered
equally. If 5 projects want to apply, ASF would be the 6th
"project." Sure, we're limited by how many tech writers GSOD brings
in, but that's not really our problem. Having more projects should
statistically increase the chances that more ASF projects overall
get writers.

-Joan "more tech writers!" Touzet