Hi,

Can we discuss whether ASF should apply as organization a little more? The
answer Dinesh got did not seem to preclude ASF and individual Apache
projects all applying as separate organizations. This year, when GSOD is
new, each organization gets at most 2 spots. In future years, the number of
spots might depend on the number of projects proposed by an organization
and PAST SUCCESS in the program. I believe that is the case for GSOC, where
new organizations get at most  1-2 spots, but "veteran" organizations get
more spots. If ASF does not apply this year, but the program expands and
ASF would like to apply in future years, ASF will likely be considered a
"new" organization whenever it applies first as ASF and will likely get
only a few spots the first time. So it would make sense to apply this year.

In Apache Rya(incubating) we are interested to propose some work under the
ASF application and I'm happy to help with the application.

Best,
Adina