Hi,

I involved in the Apache APISIX Community since 2019, and I would prefer to
keep using the mailing list than other ways.  There have been
some challenges like not a friendly way to discuss codes, not every
volunteer or contributor watching the mailing list, and so on, but there
also have advantages:

1. It's public, archived, and searchable. When the APISIX project is was
not donated to the ASF, maintainers search historical mails from other ASF
projects and follow the guidelines, without much help to ask "How to do
this?" again and again.
2. We could use Slack to discuss things of course, but if the community is
very active and there will have lots of unread messages, it's indeed a
challenge for me personally.
3. I agree that many projects tend to use other tools to discuss than a
mailing list, like Slack and Discord, they're ok because our goal is to
keep things transparent and clear (personally think), also the project
community is active and healthy.
4. As for "If it did not happen on the ML, then it did not happen.", it's
our foundation's community culture, it doesn't conflict with other tools.
No matter which tool we use, don't forget what's our goal :)

Best Regards!
@ Zhiyuan Ju <https://github.com/juzhiyuan>

Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> 于2022年2月18日周五 21:38写道: