Also: while I personally prefer master to be the dev channel, I will say
that I do like Gord's suggestion of how its done in ripple in that the name
of the dev branch is 'next' and not '2.3.0' so that your dev setup doesn't
need to change every month.

Gord: how do you deal with bugfixes/point releases?  Do you fix in feature
branch, merge into next, and then cherry-pick/merge just that fix into
master before doing a major release?  Or, do you just offer bugfixes via
'next'?