Just going to throw out one of my personal requirements for whatever
proposal we come up with, so it doesn't get lost:

* Feature branches are great for feature work and/or large sweeping
changes, as are JIRA bugs for tracking them, but cordova has many many
trivial issues that could be fixed with "drive-by" patches that require as
little friction to commit as possible.