Michal's attending hackathons for the week, and I'm not sure we need to do
a hang-out for this, as I think we really are quite close to resolving
this. I'd really like to resolve this ASAP so that we don't need to have a
code-freeze for this release.

Here's a proposal:

Cordova repositories have three main branches:
1. stable
2. next
3. dev

Topic branches also exist for collaborating on features, or for code-review
purposes.

There is *no* master branch, so that community-driven pull requests will be
forced to think about which branch to request against.

1. The "stable" branch.
 - Sits at the latest stable release of cordova
 - No one ever commits to the "stable" branch. It exists only as a
short-cut for checking out the latest stable tag.

2. The "next" branch.
 - This branch exists only when in the process of doing a release.
 - All tags (both stable and RC) are done on this branch.
 - When a stable tag is done:
    - The existing "stable" branch is deleted
    - A new "stable" branch is created from "next".
    - The "next" branch is deleted.

3. The "dev" branch.
  - This is where all commits are done
  - This is where topic-branches are merged into.

Cutting a release:
1. Create "next" from the HEAD of "dev"
2. Test test test!
3. Fix bugs by committing them to "dev" and then cherry-picking them into
"next"
4. Tag release candidate
5. Repeat steps 2-4 as necessary
6. Tag the release
7. Create distribution .zip file
8. Test one last time using the dist files
9. Delete "stable"
10. Create a new "stable" by branching from the HEAD of "next"
11. Delete the "next" branch