On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:36 PM, Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> wrote:

>  Some of the Apache rules are build up of old
> policy that has become meaningless ceremony.

This is not true. If you can provide examples of such "meaningless
ceremony" that still exists, please mention them. They will either
get removed, fixed or explained.

FWIW, ALL policy has a basis in actual, tangible benefits
to the community. Believe it or not, we are as anti-
meaningless ceremony as you are. Why would we not
be?? We are all people who develop and hack. We are
not bureaucrats by choice or desire; we were *asked*
to take on bureaucratic roles so that other developers
didn't have to. And we care enough about the ASF to
do so, and add those duties onto our numerous other
duties as developers, committers, developers, PMC members, etc...