Jesee, the branch is NOT a requirement (I don't think I documented it as
such, except in the examples for installing plugins for initial look).
 Actually, we should delete those stale branches now that we are moving
up-to-date tests into master.  It was just for early experimentation on the
feature.

Jesse, I'm not seeing the benefit of using plugins-tests.xml or the
dependency on the test plugin yet, may you elaborate your thoughts?

My hope was that tests are just always installed alongside plugins.  If
that is not a good idea for some particular plugin, say because it uses
huge assets, I elaborated my answer in the plugin FAQ (
https://github.com/apache/cordova-labs/blob/cdvtest/cordova-plugin-test-framework/README.md#faq
):

   -

   Q: Should I add org.apache.cordova.test-harness as a <dependancy> of my
   plugin?