re:

   Q: What do I do if my plugin tests must have very large assets?
   - A: Don't bundle those assets with your plugin. If you can, have your

My concern is I do not want to see tests added to every project that uses a
plugin, even if the assets are not large, there are implications to
including the test framework + all the tests because they get loaded and
processed with all of the plugins and will impact load time even if never
run.

99.9% of the time the plugin tests will be used by us the plugin
developers, and not the people who use the plugin in there apps.

I agree, having the tester install the test harness plugin dependency
themselves is probably a better option, as I see you have wrapped all tests
inside a exports.defineAutoTests so we don't have to worry about
describe/it/expects not being defined.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com