From: Joe Bowser [mailto:bows...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 10:45 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova-Android 4.0.0 Release

On Wed Jan 28 2015 at 10:38:07 AM Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
wrote:

> - Make CordovaActivity not implement CordovaInterface, but instead
> provide CordovaInterface via an inner class (to solidify that you
> can't cast the activity to CordovaInterface and expect that to work -
> some used to do this but I think we've cleaned it all up now)
>
> This literally came out of nowhere.  Why are you trying so hard to
> remove
the embedded view use case? What if someone is implementing an activity that
inherits from another activity like MapActivity?  This API change came without
any discussion.

All of this can be done in a few days, but I'd also like to see the dust
> settle a bit before going forward with 4.0.0 release. E.g. At least
> wait until we do a blog post for 3.7.0 (are you doing this?), and have
> done a tools release that updates the pinned version to 3.7.0

If someone else wants to do the blog post on that, that's fine.  And I agree
that there should be a tools release with 3.7.0 pinned, even though
3.7.0 is really just a technicality so we can get 4.0.0 out IMO.