On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:01:47 +0100, Daniel Carrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

MySQL is installed already. The problem is in having to use MySQL, which
is not known for ease of use. I just want a very simple database. I don't
want to spend a week learning MySQL just so I can (say) make a searchable
database of cooking recipes.

well, the only database i have ever come across that was even remotely easy to use is filemaker. MySQL is not that much worse than anything you might be using and very much better than anyhting else which is free or unix-ish

-- Andrew Brown What I do: www.darwinwars.com What I'm up to: www.thewormbook.com/helmintholog/