Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hello "Helpdesk Tip: Screenshot Helps!",

However, during my beta test I found out that other users could no
longer add or edit a record when someone has already
I would like to know if there is patch to address this problem.

No, there isn't. Currently, only one user at a time can access a OOo
Base database. You can only circumvent this by user a server-database
which OOo connects to.

There seems to be a similar problem when using MS Access with Base. A number of users from the Base forum have reported the following problem.

Currently there is an ASP application that connects to an MSA database. Base was used to connect to the same MSA database. When the Base file is open the database is locked, causing the ASP connection to fail. In both cases that where reported they are using ODBC to make the connection. I am wondering if there is some way ADO could be used instead that would allow Base to open the mdb file without a full lock?

Thanks

Drew