Hi Daniel,

> What I suspect is happening here ( I haven't tested this ) is that Base
> is creating a *filesystem* lock to access the mdb file. Access uses a
> 'record locking file' ( .ldb ) to indicate who's accessing what

In fact, the URL to the .mdb file is a mere string to Base, it's passed
to the Jet Engine without any look at it. The Jet Engine then applies it
usual techniques (.ldb) here.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -