Hi Andrew,

> Currently there is an ASP application that connects to an MSA database.
> Base was used to connect to the same MSA database. When the Base file is
> open the database is locked, causing the ASP connection to fail. In both
> cases that where reported they are using ODBC to make the connection. I
> am wondering if there is some way ADO could be used instead that would
> allow Base to open the mdb file without a full lock?

I am not aware of any explicit lock we do in our driver, but of course
it might be that just a connection with "default settings" we do already
does a full lock. And yes, ADO might be worth consideration here (at
least because ADO is more future-proof for accessing MDB files, since my
impression is that ODBC has been put on hold in facor of ADO, in terms
of developement).

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -