>I see. That is interesting. Does that apply to adding data to the table
>too? Or just to making changes in the table format/structure?

Yes, the table grid in the form lets you add data, edit or delete data same as
you would in the data view window. It also allows you to easily add such things
as drop down lookup lists to columns.

The wizard also makes it easy to construct basic forms with sub-forms for 1 to
many tables. Creating more extensive forms with multiple sub forms or multiple
master forms, on one screen, is actually very easy also.

>This is all very interesting. I will have to create a form and
>experiment with it a bit to see what it is all about and how it works.
>
>By the way, whatever queries I had set up in MSA, there is no way to
>import those, right? So I re-create myself the queries in Base which I
>had in MSA? Is the system of setting up queries similar? Or are there
>any important differences I should know about?

Well, not if you actually have MS Access on your computer, and it reads the mdb
files you have. If so you can open the queries in Access and switch to the
actual SQL view. Under windows you would just copy paste from an open Access
window and an open Base window each connected to the same mdb file. With your
situation, assuming you don't want install a free copy of OO.o under Windows
you will need to copy the SQL in access and save it to a temp file. I assume
you can access a common disk from the two operating systems.

Under Ubuntu start Base, create a query in SQL View and paste in the SQL you
copied from MS Access. You can then in most cases turn the Designer view on and
it will be parsed into the GUI designer. Sometimes you will need to leave it in
SQL view, it never hurts. You would still use in just like any other query in
Base, to feed a form or a report or another query. There are some differences
in how you setup named replacement parameters, but that is easy to fix up.

One place where this can get you however, is if your Access queries are using
the value of some control as a parameter. Base does not support this. To
duplicate that in Base you have to create some a very simple Basic macro,
called from a form.

Drew