Moin Micha,

Michael Strobel wrote:
Moin Ocke,

When you call at the metadata the getTypeInfo method which results do
you get? You could for example use the code in the qa folder as
template.

I wrote a small test program that calls getTypeInfo and shows the
result. Used NetBeans for this, very cool :) The value is actually set
to the string supplied with the Properties, but as before there is no
change in Open Office. Unexpected values as the string null don't
produce any errors?
What do you want to achieve with the TypeDescriptionInfo? May be your Double type doesn't need any parameters, just a guess.
Currently null is not recognized as keyword, you have to adjust the RowFunctionParser.cxx when you don't want to appear the word null as
the column value.

So this is necessary to set a value in the result to null, because so
far only substitution of values is possible?
When null is really needed, may be should could change the RowFunctionParser to accept null as well. It's not that complicated ;-)
Freeze is not good. Does this happen also with other dbs? Sometimes we
are calling getObject(xx) and some methods are not handled well.
It depends on the column which method is called, may a look in
ORowSetValue might help or dbtools.cxx

No, it doesn't happen with MySQL at least. As far as I could see OOo
uses LOB locators to retrieve LOB values from the DBMs. What happens if
LOB locators are not supported? I think Ingres supports them in the
version I'm using. Maybe our JDBC driver developer can give more hints.
You have an own JDBC driver? Then change the getTypeInfo there :-)

Best regards,

Ocke
Best regards,
Micha