Hi Ocke,

Your patch work's fine with the test programs, but I'm still unable to
read and write long varchar columns in OO Base. I guess OO Base may be
mislead by our JDBC driver, which unfortunately returns always 0 for the
length and precision of long varchar columns.

Methods that return always 0 for the length and precision of long
varchar columns:
- XConnection.getMetaData().getTypeInfo() in PRECISION (column 3)
- XConnection.getMetaData().getColumns(...) in COLUMN_SIZE (column 7)
- XResultSetMetaData.getPrecision(...)

It's possible to switch our JDBC driver in two different modes.

First mode disables use of clobs, long varchar columnss are described as
type -1 in ResultSetMetaData. This mode causes OO Base to freeze, when
it tries to read long varchar column using getString().

Second mode enables use of clobs, long varchar columnss are described as
type 2005 in ResultSetMetaData. In this mode Base displays the long
varchar columns always empty, values may be entered, but disappear as
you leave the input field with the cursor and don't go to the database.

Could the length and precision values cause such a behavior in Base?

Best regards,
Micha