Moin Micha,

Michael Strobel wrote:
Moin Ocke,

What do you want to achieve with the TypeDescriptionInfo? May be your
Double type doesn't need any parameters, just a guess.

You have an own JDBC driver? Then change the getTypeInfo there :-)

Right, the Ingres double type doesn't expect any parameters. It's
definitely a bug in the getTypeInfo() method of our JDBC driver. Just
thought I can fix it that way, until our JDBC driver guy fixed it in the
JDBC driver :)

The LOB thing is strange. It turned out that I used an old version of
the JDBC driver and the newest version doesn't cause Open Office to
freeze, but it's still neither possible to read nor to write LOBs.
A small test program written in NetBeans showed, that calling getClob()
on a XRow doesn't return an XClob as expected, while doing getClob() on
a Row in Java with the JDBC driver returns a Clob. Possibly a problem
with passing the LOB reference from Java to C++? If I call getString()
on XRow for a CLOB column I get the string. Confusing...
XClob is not well tested in OOo. Which type does your column have? May be getCharacterStream works as well. Please submit an issue for the XClob. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ocke
Best regards,
Micha