On 8/12/10 4:24 PM, feez...@gdls.com wrote:
Gentlemen,
Hi,
My home system is Fedora Core 13 Linux with the Sun JDK 1.6_20,
Subversion, Maven 2.2.1, and Eclipse 3.6 installed.
Perfect.
Back at a command prompt I tried running the following to make sure
everything was working.

4)      "mvn test"

Only one test "testSaslGssapiBind" is failing, and, looking at the test
code, it appears that the author doesn't expect this one to work yet.
Strange. All the tests are passing on our linux machines.

Have you tried mvn clean install -Dintegration ?
At my day job I have a Windows XP SP-3 with Sun JDK 1.6_17, Maven 2.2.1,
Subversion, and Eclipse 3.6 installed.

Access to the Internet from this system is restricted to using an HTTP
proxy that requires NTLM authentication.
Thanks a lot, M$ ...

<snip/>
Again the same three steps mentioned above were completed successfully
(despite the erratic operation of the proxy server).

When I tried "mvn test", however, I got several failures.

One of the failures, "testSaslGssapiBind", is the same as on Linux.  For
now I'm assuming this is a known problem that is being worked on.

Using Eclipse to investigate each of the others I've discovered that two
of them are related to Windows's use of the "\" character as the path
separator and one is related to incorrect handling of "escaping" of
characters in filenames.  I'm developing fixes for these issues now and
will post suggested patches after I complete testing.
Great ! We don't use W$ at all, so it's likely we have some tests failure if we are not cautious enough. That's the price to pay for being efficient...

The only remaining test failure, is "testSearchUTF8" in
"ClientSearchRequestTest" which is not throwing the expected Exception.  I
haven't investigated this one yet but plan to when time is available.

Hmmmm... I don't find this class. In which module did you found it ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com