G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 21:09 +0200, Laurent Godard wrote:

Hi Gerry

What I said to Andrew. We need to look at what exists and decide what it
is we can do. I have little to no programming skill at this level having
never dived in so can only offer high level support.

as said previously bye someone else,i think this is waste of time targetting a brand new DevGuide ! by experience it is a huge huge task and energy could be put somewhere else

Even if i'm blamed by sunnies (some may be aggressive sometimes) asking this freeing every 6 months (i've a calendar reminder ;) ), i'm totally sure of the will of freeing this and can understand some legal issues and then delay ... (he guys, not so much, please)

here are some alternative ways
- propose helping on freeing the existing one

No wonder I got the adverse reaction. Just to put it in perspective, I
offered the services of this project to help maintain the dev guide. The
instructions I got were to start working on a version here regardless on
what might happen with the existing docs.

Maybe that is a misunderstanding, from one or both sides?

--

Cor Nouws
Arnhem - Netherlands