Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

The wiki FAQ has actually been added to the Wiki already. You can find it starting at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/FAQ:Overview

We should look into migrating our links over to this location at some point.

The existence of the wiki FAQ should be mentioned on the Docs
Project's Contributing page. I had completely forgotten it was there.

What is the relationship, if any, between this wiki page and the
page people reach from the FAQs link on the Docs front page, and
the page at OOoAuthors? IIRC, at one point you were trying to set
up a way to synchronise the ones at Docs and the ones at
OOoAuthors, at least to draw new and revised FAQs from the
OOoAuthors site.

If FAQ development is going to be done on the wiki (which I think
is an excellent idea), I have two questions:

1) Does that mean that users will be directed to look on the wiki
for answers -- that is, the link from the main Docs page will be
changed?

2) Should we close down the FAQ section at OOoAuthors (which no
one seems to be contributing to anyway) and the ones at Docs and
the User-FAQ pages? Having several locations is very confusing to
contributors!

A month or so ago I had some items I thought I would add to the
FAQs, but I could not work out which location to put them in, and
after a few minutes of trying to puzzle that out, I decided to
forget about it and work on something else.

I think the Ooo wiki should be the first choice to have one place
to go for FAQs. The big advantage being that contributing is so easy.
Basically, I think that any "dynamic" content should go there.

Looking at the FAQ pages they may need some more structure, though.
Some of the pages appear overloaded with questions.

Also, is there a possibility of adding a customized search to
a wiki page, so we could allow users to search for terms in the
FAQs by searching in the FAQ:* namespace?

Frank