On Jun 7, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> This isn't too important, but I have to admit that
>
>> charged with the creation and maintenance of
>> open-source software related to an OSGI based runtime for
>> creating enterprise servers
>
> doesn't actually say anything meaningful to me because
> it has too many happy market terms.
>
> Would it be fair to summarize Karaf as
>
> "an OSGI-based runtime container that allows various components
> and applications to be dynamically deployed within a Java servlet
> environment"

No.  There is no necessary connection between karaf and servlets or web servers
or web applications, and even with a more general definition of "server" I
think this misses the point.   I'm sorry you don't like our wording, but we
tried a lot of variations and this is really the best we could come up with,
and to me it's quite specific and accurate.

david jencks