I don't have much problems dropping the enterprise work if that suits you
better:
  "an OSGI-based runtime for creating servers"
or even
  "an OSGI-based runtime"
I could even go with your proposal if dropping the servlet reference:
   "an OSGI-based runtime container that allows various components and
applications to be dynamically deployed"
though the last part is pretty much what OSGi is about so it does not really
refine the scope at all, it's just redundant.

As far as Sling is concerned, I don't think Sling's scope is about the
runtime container itself.  Sling is defined as "a scriptable web framework
that uses a Java Content Repository, such as Apache Jackrabbit, to store and
manage content" so it's unrelated to both OSGi and providing a container,
which *is* the scope of Karaf.

As far as Felix is concerned, its scope is "OSGi Service Platform and other
software that is associated with or related to the OSGi Service Platform" so
pretty much anything related to OSGi could fall into its scope.  FWIW (in
case it was missed), Karaf is currently a Felix subproject.

Thoughts ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet