Why do OSGi R-next work directly in trunk where I would expect releases
could be done at any time.  It seems to me that trunk should remain
'releasable'.  It would be much more simple to do OSGi R-next work in a
dedicated branch where you have the freedom to put interim OSGi APIs
assuming we would never produce a release from the osgi-r-next branch.
Instead, stuff from the osgi-r-next branch would be selectively merged into
trunk when they are ready AND the OSGi specification has gone final.

Also, I don't get this <1 version proposal.  That may seem fine for new API
packages, but what about changes to existing OSGi API packages that are
happening in R7?  Surely these cannot go to <1.  Perhaps I missed what
happens here from the original proposal.

Tom