Thomas Watson wrote
> This has come to my attention because I am working on some fixes in the SCR
> implementation.  I noticed the latest SCR in trunk now depends on
> org.apache.felix.configadmin 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.  And I think
> org.apache.felix.configadmin 1.9.0 is being used to implement OSGi R7.  So
> now we have OSGi R7 API updates in trunk for existing OSGi packages.  If I
> understand correctly that means trunk is no longer in a state where we can
> release SCR or configadmin out of.  Instead we have to create a branch to
> get new releases of these bundles until a time when OSGi R7 is finalized
> and released.  That seems like a bad state to be in.

We already have the branch for config admin and if we think that we need
another R6 based release of SCR we can create the branch on demand like
we did with config admin.
I started with these two projects in a branch and at one point we have
to merge the branch into trunk. I thought that now is the time as I
didn't expect another release before R7 will be out. Might be wrong...
In any case, creating that branch is easy. Just shout and it will be done.

 Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland