On 28 January 2013 10:29, Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> > This won't work for us (Jangaroo/Ext AS users). In our development
> > workflow, JS/HTML5 is the one and only target platform. And I think this
> is
> > the future for Flex. If Flex will not support the full development
> > lifecycle for HTML5 projects, it is of no interest for us and I guess for
> > many others, and I'd even dare say it is doomed.
>
> And please: what might doom Flex is people talking about what will
> doom Flex. All that does is feed the trolls that make a living of
> writing negative stories about tech subjects. Like with the stock
> markets, often all it takes is one rumor going viral...

I don't believe that is what Frank meant, what he meant was just debugging
in AS
is not enough and that the JS output ought to be viewed as bytecode and
should
"just work". While that goal might be admirable, I tend to agree with Frank
that
being able to dip into the JS parts is probably essential for the
situations in which
the JS doesn't "just work".

Or did I also misunderstand?