On 4/15/13 9:10 AM, "Tigran Najaryan" <tig...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> From: Alex Harui [mailto:aha...@adobe.com]
>>
>> OK, but FlexJS is essentially wrapping JS constructs and presenting
>> them in AS.  The goal for the components is the present the same APIs
>> to the developer by wrapping and emulating where appropriate.
> Sorry, I probably miss something but I do not see what does this change from
> automation point of view.
OK, probably just wishful thinking on my part.  I think we both agree that
it would be great if you could write a test on AS and have it run in JS.

What I was trying to point out is that in FlexJS, the JS code for Combobox,
for example, is not generated by cross compiling the AS code for ComboBox.
Instead, under the covers of the ComboBox API, we hand-wrote one that works
on Flash, and another one that works in JS (that uses the HTMLSelect).  We
haven't implemented an API in ComboBox or one of its plug-ins that plays
back selection of an option, but if we did, and called it maybe
"playbackSelection", it would make the right calls in AS and a different set
of calls in JS, so theoretically, the test script that calls
playbackSelection would just "do the right thing".  But this may break down
in more complex scenarios.

Just for my education, does the RTS file get "compiled" or is it interpreted
by the test engine?

And thanks for the list of things to keep in mind.  That was very helpful.
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team