On 5/27/05, Brian K. Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> | Security-wise it is also a nightmare. There is so much stuff running  in
> | the container that I have no idea of. I usually bind the instance  to
> | localhost and do port translation for those TCP/IP services that  need
> | to be exposed, but even then there are still many ways to  connect to it
> | from localhost that could potentially expose  information or give
> | control to unauthorized people.
> |
> |  S.
> |
> Exactly. And seeing another huge "everything to everyone" server is why
> I never got motivated to do more than observe Geronimo. I'd be better
> served keeping up on what I have to do to keep my existing 'monolith' as
> secure as possible. If it can be broken down, re-arranged, reassembled -
> and still "just work", it would be THE server to use - not just
> "another" server.

I think that this discussion thread now has two distinctly different topics:

a) Geronimo SVN repo restructuring
b) Geronimo modules packaging for user consumption

Can we please split this discussion and keep each one on topic?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/