On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Jason Warner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Hernan Cunico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Well, from the wiki -> Geronimo documentation, there are 3main sets of
> > samples, well actually 3 now.
> >
> > 1- Migration samples
> > 2- Sample applicaitons
> > 3- Tutorials
> >
> > 1- Migration samples. These should not be in svn unless we plan to
> > maintain and test sample applications that are intended for JBoss, WebLogic,
> > WAS, Tomcat or any other platform we want to explain how to migrate from. It
> > could potentially include the need to maintain features/technologies we do
> > not support or may never support.
> >

> Isn't that what's already occurring?  I believe the migration samples have
> applications attached to them that are designed for JBoss and the sample
> explains how to convert it to Geronimo.  These would need to be updated
> based on the changes that occur both in JBoss and Geronimo.

Correct, this is what I'm working on because they haven't been really kept
up to date - and we don't want to get burned by someone trying to get
something going or migrated that we say we have support for but have no
supporting documentation or samples.
When rewriting sample apps and documentation for 2.0, they are all meant to
go from jboss to geronimo. The process involves validating functionality on
the latest JBoss release (4.2.2GA in that case), updating documentation
where necessary, updating code where necessary, and then ensuring the
migration steps are still valid, and making changes to both documentation
and code where needed.

--
Erik B. Craig