Back on the check box option, we can customize Confluence so it includes an
additional step (the check box) before enabling to save the page.

There are two approaches, one is to create a Confluence plugin to replace the
current editpage.action and the other is to create a new custom editpage
velocity macro and make some changes in Confluence configs to use this new
functionality. In either case we'll need to ASF infra blessing to implement
this change. I think all ASF projects using Confluence can benefit from this
change.

Any velocity/confluence folk monitoring this thread that want to volunteer !?
;-)  I'm just not having the spare cycles to investigate this more in detail.

Cheers!
Hernan

Joseph Leong wrote:
Just as Dan said, I think a lightweight process would be a good idea. Not to deter users from contributing, nor hinder those approving. If we haven't had a problem with the Jira check-box format for IP reasons, this seems like not only a lightweight process but a familiar one at that.

-Joseph Leong