It seems like we should start from scratch in our next major release then ;-)

For the next Geronimo v 2.x release we would set a new Confluence space and
give write access to geronimo-committers and geronimo-contributors.

geronimo-contributors would only group individual users who have expressed interest in
contributing to Geronimo documentation and filed a CLA. In addition, we would enable
confluence-users (default user group) to have "Comment Create" rights, however
these comments would not show up in the exported HTML version (only in Confluence). This
user group would later replace geronimo-users.

New spaces where only geronimo-committers and geronimo-contributors have write
access to will have a different HTML auto export template to include standard
ASF license notice one every single page (in the HTML source). Such new spaces
would have to be developed from scratch, that is not carrying over any content
previously used in other documentation releases. This should hopefully exclude
certain sections developed entirely by committers for which a CLA is already on
file.

Cheers!
Hernan