On Wednesday 05 September 2001 11:09, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > we're in the 9th month of year 2001, i saw the first glimpse of a '2.0'
> > server in early 1996 (rob thau's), i have no problem waiting longer for
> > bug fixes, performance, "doing things right", etc., but there is no good
> > reason to add new modules or big features at this point.  they should
> > wait for 2.1+.
>
> Then where is the v2.1 development tree?
>
> v2.0 represents the latest bleeding egde server development. Until a
> v2.1 development tree exists then there is no choice but to commit
> things to v2.0.

That is bunk.  If you want to start 2.1, then just say so, and we can create
a 2.1 repository.  I would warn you that doing that means you have to keep
the two in sync, which sucks, big time.  Otherwise, just commit mod_gzip to
an external repository, and add a note to the 2.0 STATUS file that when we
go to 2.1, it should be moved to the 2.1 tree.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]