Greg Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 2) move the ap_lingering_close inside ap_process_connection, then call it
>    from with ap_process_connection. This *almost* works. All MPMs have a
>    call to ap_process_connection followed by a call to ap_lingering_close.
>    The only MPM that does other funny stuff in there is the winnt MPM.
>    Conceivably, you could pass a flag that says "I'll manage the shutdown,
>    thankyouvermuch", and winnt would do its close followed by the
>    post-connection hook.

It is nice for ap_lingering_close() to be handled in the MPM.  It
shouldn't be too hard for the MPM to implement its own lingering close
in a manner that doesn't consume one thread per closing connection
(e.g., dedicate one thread per MPM to do all the lingering close
logic).  Of course there could always be another hook :)

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...