--On Wednesday, February 26, 2003 7:55 PM -0800 Greg Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

And remember: this *is* source control. If somebody commits a bug
fix and people want to shoot it down, then we can revert it. But
assuming correctness and committing the fix is hella better than
gating every single little change.

We have lazy consensus on the unstable tree (2.1). I agree with you 100% in the context of httpd-2.1 - go commit first - break the tree - we can revert changes easily as we have no expectations of stability there.

But, I don't trust anyone's 'common sense' to know whether the most trivial fix broke anything or whether a bug fix is 'right.' Yes, it means gating changes on stable (2.0), but that's a price I'm willing to see us pay. I'd hope our code quality and stability improves because of that. -- justin