Greg Stein wrote:

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 05:10:12PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>--On Thursday, February 27, 2003 12:02 PM +1100 Stas Bekman
> wrote:
>

>>So if absolutely anything added to the dev branch must have a vote
>>for before merging back to the stable branch, I stand corrected and
>>will make sure that this won't happen again in the future. I
>>thought that the common sense should be applied when judging what
>>can be backported without the vote.
>
>Heh.  The entire reason for the vote is to prevent 'common sense'
>from interfering with the stability of the tree.  -- justin

Bah. That's insanity. A bug fix is a bug fix. We never took votes for bug fixes for 1.3, and I see no reason to start now.

Please go update STATUS with your vote on how this should be handled
(the R-T-C vs. C-T-R vote). I think some folks may not be happy with the current philosophy but haven't made their feelings known formally.
If you aren't happy with the current choices, add one.