On Dec 31, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Chris Darroch wrote:

pqf wrote:

version 1.10 ( Jul 3rd 2006 )
1. Use poll() instead of select() in UNIX. It becomes problematic on
   apache2 with large number of logfiles. Apache2 calls poll()
(when OS supports it), and in that case it doesn't need to be recompiled
   with larger FD_SETSIZE. select() is still limited to FD_SETSIZE."
   (Thank Piotr Gackiewicz gacek at intertele.pl for the patch.)
2. Bug fix: "Some requests fail with HTTP 500 and no errorlog entry is generated" (Thank Piotr Gackiewicz gacek at intertele.pl for the patch.)

  Ryan has been in touch with Piotr Gackiewicz independently and Piotr
asks if we can confirm that a CLA and SGA are necessary, as he considers
his contribution to have been just "simple repairs" (his term).

  From looking over the CVS repository at
http://mod-fcgid.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mod-fcgid/mod_fcgid/
it would appear to me that these patches amount to the following.

  Foes anyone have a sense of whether these would indeed require
a CLA and SGA?

They look like simple repairs to me.  More importantly, if he thinks
they are simple repairs and he is happy to see them Apache Licensed,
then there is no need for a CLA or software grant.

....Roy