Chris Darroch wrote:
> pqf wrote:
>
>> I have signed the two documents
>> ( http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt and
>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/iclas), and emailed the scan
>> version to secretary at apache.org.
>
>> So what I should do next is? Should I contact all major contributors
>> and ask for the agreement to this:
>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt. Or I just
>> identify all the major contributors and wait for next step?
>> Anything I can do please let me know :)

Yea; since all of your significant contributors (excluding simple
maintenance fixes and things that can't be copyrighted, such as data
or facts) assigned license as GPL, they need to relicense their work
as Apache License, sign a grant for their contributions or just file
an iclas and offer their patch(es) to this list.

How many are we talking about (in the significant category)?  The
easiest way probably depends on how many people, how easy they are
to contact, etc.

>   For the moment, though, I think we're just waiting for some
> feedback from other httpd developers and especially those with
> some experience of the Incubator process.  I or someone else likely
> needs to draft and submit a proposal to the Incubator, for example,
> as a next step.  Any thoughts here from other folks?

I'd prefer that we simply sponsor this effort under the httpd PMC here
at our project.

We have to file an IP code clearance through the Incubator, but that's
relatively simple (and a good part is finished already now that the
appropriate paperwork is filed with the secretary).

Does anyone feel that the addition of mod_fcgid should be driven through
the incubator?  Speaking first hand, it didn't resolve the shortcomings
of lack of community behind mod_aspdotnet, and didn't really give mod_ftp
the visibility it needed (and attracted once it graduated).  So for most
existing modules, I don't think it solves many of the problems we might
or might not face here at httpd.