Karel — On this point, I don't think you should have to use the tutorials,
which tell you how to identify training data and build new translation models
yourself. I imagine that you would be more interested in downloading pre-built
models that don't really require you to be an expert in MT. See this page:

        https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/Language+Packs

matt