Rafaella,

Thank you very much for the comments.

I was a little confused because it seems that for each different community project SUN manages, there is a different way to localize :)

I would like to know if it is possible to provide "us" (or at least me...) with the .sdf strings _before_ the current modification so as to be able to create a correct TMX file.

If you could create that TMX yourself and make it available it would be even better. That TMX would contain the state of the corpus before the modifications (2.2.1) and would allow translators who work with TMX supporting tools (including Sun's own OLT, or OmegaT to name only the free ones) to work efficiently with the current files.

For you information, I decided to create a .pot file out of the .sdf so that I was sure there were no "pseudo-translated" strings in French and I created a "pseudo-tmx" with the original contents that I use to match every source string with.

This solution is better than hand editing the whole file but the whole thing would be even more efficient if instead of a pseudo-tmx I had the real thing based on the 2.2.1 contents.

Do you think it is possible to get that from SUN ?

Regards,
Jean-Christophe